Big Splash Network
Big Splash Media runs social media and websites in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
We do not make any representations or warranties that your access will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free. Your access may be suspended without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or any reason beyond our control.
We reserve the right to change or discontinue any website, feature or service (or part thereof) at any time.
Newsletters and databases.
To access or use certain information, you must register or join our data base and/or a particular website database.
You must not impersonate or create a membership for any person other than yourself.
We may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity.
You must ensure the security and confidentiality of your membership details, including any username and/or password assigned to you. You are wholly responsible for all activities which occur under your membership details (including unauthorised use of your credit card). You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your membership details. You must not permit your membership details to be used by or transferred to any other person.
We reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your membership or access to all or any part of the Fairfax Network, including if we believe you are abusing the services in any way, have breached the Conditions or are no longer an active member.
What we expect from you
You must not:
- use the network for illegal action or in breach of any applicable laws or regulations;
- use the network:
- to transmit (or authorise the transmission of) “junk mail,” “chain letters,” unsolicited emails, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- to impersonate any person or entity;
- to solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person;
- to harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others; or
- for any unlawful purpose;
- use the Network to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) any Material that:
- infringes the intellectual property or other rights of another person;
- contains, promotes, or provides information about unlawful activities or conduct;
- is, or could reasonably be expected to be, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful, including Material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
- exploits another person in any manner;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or sexual acts or references;
- includes an image or personal information of another person or persons unless you have their consent;
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive;
- contains large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden content;
- contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- advertises, promotes or solicits any goods or services or commercial activities (except where expressly permitted or authorised by us); or
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice;
By uploading your material you:
- grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the Material in any form and for any purpose;
- warrant that you have the right to grant the abovementioned licences;
- warrant that the Material does not breach the Conditions; and
- unconditionally waive all moral rights (as defined by the Copyright Act 1968) which you may have in respect of the Material.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- review, modify, reformat, reject or remove any Material which you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) that, in our opinion, violates the Conditions or otherwise has the potential to harm, endanger or violate the rights of any person; and
- monitor use of the network, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with the Conditions or for the purposes of any police investigation or governmental request.
We do not accept liability with respect to any Material uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available by any person other than us.
We do not endorse any opinion, advice or statement made by any person other than us.
Our posts are moderated by our web manager and editor-in chief.
We are here to promote healthy interactions and participation within our community;
Inappropriate or abusive contents will be automatically removed.
Anything that promotes hatred or discrimination against a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being will be taken down. Violators will be reprimanded.
We avoid making arguments and/or posts that can potentially trigger highly sensitive issues
- Uncensored Pornographic videos
- Uncensored Violent and Brutal Contents
- Free Speech leading to Controversy
- Viral videos meant for attacking politics and religion
- Negative Influences
- Promotes Discrimination, Stereotypes, and Prejudices
- Promotes hoax Information and profanity
- Uncensored pornographic videos
- Uncensored violent and brutal contents
- Viral videos meant for attacking politics and religion
Our websites are pre-moderated; Our social media is post-moderated.
Where we are carrying paid posts, we reserve the right to moderate them in the interests of our clients.
Public contributions are moderated in accordance with the moderation rules set out below.
- Never post personal information about another participant.
- Don’t defame anyone or any organisation. A comment is defamatory if it lowers or harms the reputation of a person or organisation.
- Don’t post anything that could be considered intolerant of a person’s race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion or age.
- Don’t be obscene and don’t use foul language.
- Don’t personally insult or harass other participants.
- Don’t post or link to any inappropriate, offensive or illegal material. Don’t post any advertisements.
- Don’t promote self-harm, suicide, violence or criminal activity of any kind.
- Please don’t raise concerns about the moderation on the site as it disrupts the flow of any discussion. Please direct any queries regarding moderation directly to the moderation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breaches of our rules will lead to the following sanctions:
- Removal of comment –
- Temporary Suspension – a participant who repeatedly and flagrantly flouts the moderation rules may be suspended
- Permanent Blocking – a participant who continues to violate the moderation rules following reinstatement after a period of suspension may have their access to the website permanently blocked.
- Automatic Blocking – a participant who posts or links to inappropriate, offensive or illegal material will be immediately blocked